AH, Sunday has knocked on our door once again.
Here are all the wonderful things the Carbon Trace Productions Team has been peeping this week:
- This fantastic tutorial on the finer points of B-roll here at Carbon Trace Productions by our very own leader and chief Andy Cline.
- I started CRYING this week after Springfield’s own Crystal Methyd made the top 3 on Rue Pauls Drag Race.
- Carbon Trace Productions’ own Jym Wilson, who has a 38-year career in photojournalism, has taken some amazing photos for our “Songs from the Street Project” Check them out here.
- Give an extrovert a call today. They may need it more than they will admit.
- Shakha Benbow, director of our spring 2019 student film “Zero,” and MSU Professor Jon Mabee worked on this film together. A very powerful message ready for your eyeballs.
- If your soul is starting to get weary during these weird times, take a load off, read this, and forget about making bread. It. Is. Over.
- Keep your fingers crossed for us. We turned in a grant proposal to the Ford Foundation this week to fund our next big project: A Portrait of the Ozarks.
- IndieFilm Hustle has been a good resource for up-to-date news in the documentary film industry. This week’s podcast on production safety guidelines post-COVID gave me plenty of great ideas about how to keep the whole team safe. I will be writing a post about some of his suggestions and other suggestions on the blog later this week.
- We are continuing to add new members to our Patreon account. Our “Early View” members and up got an early release this weekend. Become a sustaining member today!
- We are very proud of our Bear Grads this semester! We found this GIF of Volunteers Marlena and Natalie that MSU put on display this week.
Carbon Trace can provide significant guidance in developing, funding, producing, and distributing a documentary film. For high school students wishing to learn more about documentary filmmaking, Missouri State University offers degrees in digital filmmaking, media production, journalism, and other associated areas.
To take part in the documentary education provided through the Carbon Trace Team we encourage you to apply for a filmmaking internship, submit a documentary idea, or apply to become a volunteer using the forms below.