Your tax-deductible donation to Carbon Trace Productions supports student-produced documentary films and multimedia projects.
Our Mission: Carbon Trace Productions is a Missouri non-profit media organization (501c3 status pending) dedicated to educating college students about the art of filmed and multimedia documentaries. Students learn to tell stories of compelling social importance without regard to commercial potential. Carbon Trace Productions specializes in working with, and telling stories about, humanitarian organizations, other non-profits, and NGOs.
Donations help us cover the typical production expenses of documentary film making, including: travel, equipment, and support services.*
Click here to donate!
- Found in Translation. This documentary short about riding the Trans-Siberian Railroad is in post-production and will be finished in spring 2018.
- Homeschooling in America. This documentary short by Yiran Liu is in post-production and will be finished in early May 2018. This film was created for a Chinese audience and will be entered in two film festivals in China this year.
- Every Child. This documentary short returns to a civic journalism project by the Springfield News-Leader that chronicled the lives of several poor families. The film picks up six years later to see what these lives are like today following an effort by the City of Springfield to mitigate its high poverty rate. We are producing two versions of this project. One will be entered in the 2018 New Urbanism Film Festival and the other will be a part of a plenary film session at the 2018 Public Affairs Conference at Missouri State University.
- 2018 Great Places in Missouri. This promotional film for the Missouri Chapter of the American Planning Association highlights the winners of the Great Places program. It is in pre-production.
- Student Debt (working title). This multimedia documentary about the student debt crisis in America is in production.
- Syrian Doctor (working title). This feature-length documentary about the mental health crisis of Syrian refugee children is in production.
*Details about how we use your generous donation:
Your contribution helps in two ways. First, it provides the funds necessary produce a film or multimedia project. The most typical expense on CTP projects is travel (including car rental, airline tickets, hotel, food). Other production expenses can include equipment purchases (typically media cards and hard drives for each project), web services (e.g. online storage), and professional services (typically freelance fees, e.g. post-production audio engineering). Second, your donation helps us run and maintain our non-profit organization for the benefit of students producing documentary films. CTP, through its Board of Directors, has the ultimate authority in deciding how cash donations and other contributions are used to fulfill the mission of the non-profit corporation. We are happy to share further details with any donor. Please contact us with your questions.