When you donate to Carbon Trace Productions, your tax-deductible donation supports student-produced documentary films and multimedia projects.
Carbon Trace is a nonprofit documentary film studio dedicated to educating college students in the diverse skillsets required for the art of documentary film. We specialize in working with other nonprofits and NGOs to create dynamic video content spotlighting their humanitarian service.
Your donation helps us cover the typical production expenses of documentary filmmaking, including travel, equipment, and support services. All donations are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use!
For donations of cash via PayPal:
For 1-time donations of money via Facebook:
- A Vietnam Peace Story: A story of the inner journey back to Hill 50 — the site of a desperate battle. This film premiered at the Moxie Theater July 23-25.
- 16 Weeks: A social media-based documentary film guides its audience through a semester at Missouri State University during the coronavirus pandemic- coming Fall 2021.
- Songs From the Street, a feature film exploring members of a homeless choir who’re changed through their membership, and so is the community. Award of Excellence for feature documentary film at the Broadcast Education Association Festival of Arts. Still in the Festival circuit.
- Witness at the Border, the sequel to the award-winning Witness at Tornillo
- All of a Sudden documents the housing first model of ending chronic homelessness. Episodes to premier on our Youtube page all through July.
Details about how we use your generous donation:
Your contribution helps in two ways. First, it provides the funds necessary to produce a film or multimedia project. The most typical expense on CTP projects is travel (including car rental, airline tickets, hotel, food). Other production expenses can include equipment purchases (typically media cards and hard drives for each project), web services (e.g., online storage), and professional services (typically freelance fees, e.g., post-production audio engineering). Second, your donation helps us run and maintain our non-profit organization to benefit students producing documentary films. CTP, through its Board of Directors, has the ultimate authority in deciding how cash donations and other contributions are used to fulfill the mission of the non-profit corporation. We are happy to share further details with any donor. Please get in touch with us with your questions.