I want to jump right in before we start this list and bring attention to something that is of significant weight and urgency. The leadership team at Carbon Trace Productions is responding to the ongoing racist events this week and countless other weeks.
The murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breyona Taylor, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Tony McDade, and too many others weigh heavy on our hearts. We have been donating, signing petitions, and some attending protests. We want to encourage you to do the same. Here is what is going on in for us in Springfield, Missouri.
Here are some of the links we recommend giving to financially.
Support George Floyd’s family
Donate to the MN Chapter of the ACLU
Help rebuild communities
Education is also an excellent place to start:
- This document has concise resources
- A great book to start today includes White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Here think pieces about Who is labeled “good“ and who is labeled a “thug“
- For a great listen: Pod Save the People
- For your viewing: 13th on Netflix
- Our newsletter came out! Woot woot
- Speaking of, we have a Podcast in the works for our Patreon Subscribers!
- I dare you not to cry while reading this beautiful first-person essay.
- At the end of this article, the blog’s reader makes this brilliant suggestion/fantastic list.
- We welcome Debbie Rollinson on to our Board.
- Will this classic American Pasttime, that has gone by the wayside for most, return amidst the pandemic?
- Desperately needed help is given to some asylum seekers in Matamoros, but the need for attention, funds, and resources are still high.
- Here is a wild story about a childhood gem of mine, SimCity.
- Have facemasks become the ultimate fashion statement?
- Crystal Methyd still the supreme Queen in our books
Note from Carbon Trace
Carbon Trace can provide significant guidance in developing, funding, producing, and distributing a documentary film. For high school students wishing to learn more about documentary filmmaking, Missouri State University offers degrees in digital filmmaking, media production, journalism, and other associated areas.
To take part in the documentary education provided through the Carbon Trace Team, we encourage you to apply for a filmmaking internship, submit a documentary idea, or apply to become a volunteer using the forms below.
Join Carbon Trace as a student volunteer