Every Sunday, we try to round up what the Carbon Trace Productions Team has been viewing online.
It includes topics from local news to pop culture. So sit down with your coffee or tea and enjoy!
- I had to read this article twice, but it is worth the time spent. An interview with cinematographer Arthur Jafa.
- Here is a video we put together for Juneteenth. Black Lives Matter from Carbon Trace Productions on Vimeo.
- Can’t decide if this is great that we are trying out new things in a pandemic world, or just kind of sad.
- The Connecting Grounds, a local church that serves the homeless, is company we keep close since filming “Songs from the Street.” They abruptly had to move locations and are currently fixing up an abandoned church on the West side of town.
- Speaking of: here is a video we produced to help them raise funds.
- Our Founder Andy Cline asks, “What if we left a very few of these [confederate] statues in place, and removed protection, thus allowing these to become permanent sites of resistance?” Here is the article from NPR he was reading when he asked.
- Miss laughing around people IRL? This artist collaboration made sure to can up those items for your consumption.
- Here is a guy we miss at Carbon Trace, but we are so proud of all he is accomplishing now.
- Great content coming out of the summer staff of Missouri State University’s paper The Standard. As this writer explains, food is always political.
- I tricked my husband into thinking I was cool by going to shows with him at the Outland Ballroom. Here is how one group is trying to keep this Springfield staple alive.
Note from Carbon Trace
Carbon Trace can provide significant guidance in developing, funding, producing, and distributing a documentary film. For high school students wishing to learn more about documentary filmmaking, Missouri State University offers degrees in digital filmmaking, media production, journalism, and other associated areas.
To take part in the documentary education provided through the Carbon Trace Team we encourage you to apply for a filmmaking internship, submit a documentary idea, or apply to become a volunteer using the forms below.
Join Carbon Trace as a student volunteer
Support Nonprofit Documentary Filmmaking